One of the most requested recipes from the Vista Verde ranch kitchen is for the Chocolate Truffles. Not only are they perfect for a little Christmas indulgence (try pairing with a glass of mulled wine), they also make fabulous edible gifts for friends and family. Make a batch of these, then wrap up in little cellophane bags tied with a festive ribbon and finished with a personal message on a gift tag. Budget, beautiful and totally moreish!
Easy Chocolate Truffles
2/3 cup heavy cream
2 tbsps honey
9 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tbsps liquor of your choice (optional)
Cocoa powder or powdered sugar for dusting
1. In a saucepan over a low heat, bring the cream and honey to boil.
2. While the cream is heating, place the chocolate in a food processor. If you do not have one, simply add the chocolate to the boiling cream and stir until smooth.
3. Once the cream comes to a boil, turn on the food processor and add the cream in a steady stream until the chocolate is smooth.
4. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until set.
5. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or foil and scoop chocolate mixture with a 1 inch ice-cream scoop or teaspoon. Form ball shapes and chill until firm, about 1-2 hours.
6. Roll the truffles in cocoa or powdered sugar until well coated. Or try crushed pistachios, pecans or melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Visit Vista Verde’s ranch profile for a warming winter soup recipe
Leave a comment
Claim Exclusive Vacation Offers on Top50's Facebook page